As connoisseurs of the culinary arts, we relish every opportunity to explore unique gastronomic destinations. The Blue Coral Restaurant in Fountain Valley is one such remarkable locale, combining the simplicity of home cooking and Vietnamese Cuisine.
Blue Coral Restaurant: The Menu
Blue Coral has two signature dishes. The Vietnamese steak and egg (Bo’ Ne’) is to die for. It is a super tender filet mignon served with pate, egg, Vietnamese ham, tomatoes and some very tasty bread. Priced at a meager $17.50, this dish is a must have. The filet will be melting in your mouth.
Blue Coral Restaurant: Hot Stone Pho
The second signature dish is the hot stone pho which is served in a boiling hot stone pot. Raw meats, basil, and onion are served on the side which you dip into the boiling broth.
Blue Coral Restaurant: Delicious
An assortment of pho dishes are available with rib eye, bristen, tendon, beef alls and various types of seafood. Other items include the pineapple fried rice, Korean short rib, prawn noodles, saltado shaken fries, crab fried rice and crab & glass noodle.
Blue Coral Restaurant: The Seafood Platter
If you are a seafood lover, you need try a seafood platter. Feast on an assortment of live crawfish, shrimp, mussels, clams, baby octopus, king crab legs and snow crab legs. Choose from a lemon pepper or garlic butter broth. The quality of the seafood is divine and super fresh.
You have an option to add on plain noodles, garlic noodles, garlic fried rice, fried buns, potatoes, sausage, corn and white rice.
Blue Coral Restaurant: The Drinks
A variety of non alcoholic drinks are available. The fresh coconut is our favorite which was super meaty. It was perfect to sip on for dinner and eat the meat for dessert. Other drinks include the dragon fruit lemonade, lychee lemonade, fresh orange juice, passion fruit, mung bean, vietnamese ice coffee, Thai tea and a yogurt drink.
Experiencing Blue Coral’s Ambiance
Blue Coral’s dining experience extends far beyond the plate. The restaurant’s ambiance is thoughtfully designed to reflect the sophistication of its menu. The warm, welcoming environment immediately puts guests at ease, encouraging them to savor their meal at a relaxed pace.
Blue Coral’s Commitment to Quality
Quality is at the heart of everything at Blue Coral. The chefs’ dedication to using only the finest, freshest ingredients ensures that every dish, from appetizer to dessert, is as memorable as the last. The attentive, knowledgeable staff at Blue Coral go above and beyond to provide an exceptional dining experience, adding another dimension to the restaurant’s commitment to quality.
Conclusion: Unforgettable Culinary Journey at Blue Coral
In conclusion, the Blue Coral Restaurant in Fountain Valley offers a compelling Vietnamese cuisines, expertly crafted non-alcoholic beverages, a warm and inviting ambiance, and an unwavering dedication to quality. Whether you’re indulging in a seafood feast, sipping on a classic cocktail, or simply soaking up the welcoming atmosphere, Blue Coral guarantees an unforgettable culinary journey.
Orange County, California, boasts a rich tapestry of cultures, and among its most vibrant threads is the Vietnamese community. With a significant Vietnamese-American population, primarily centered in Westminster and Garden Grove, fondly referred to as Little Saigon, this region is a hotspot for authentic Vietnamese cuisine. Here’s a quick dive into the flavors and favorites of Vietnamese food in Orange County.
- Phở-tastic Beginnings: No conversation about Vietnamese cuisine can begin without mentioning Phở, a fragrant beef or chicken noodle soup. Dive into any of the countless eateries in Little Saigon, and you’ll be welcomed by the aromatic scent of this beloved dish.
- Bánh Mì Bliss: This Vietnamese sandwich is a harmonious blend of French influence (crusty baguette) and Vietnamese ingredients (grilled meats, pickled vegetables, and spicy condiments). Perfect for a quick bite, Bánh Mì shops dot the streets of Orange County.
- Glorious Gỏi Cuốn: Fresh spring rolls, or Gỏi Cuốn, offer a healthier appetizer option. Rice paper wraps encase shrimp, herbs, pork, rice vermicelli, and other ingredients. Paired with a tangy peanut sauce, they’re irresistibly refreshing.
- Bún Bowls: These noodle bowls, usually comprising vermicelli rice noodles, fresh veggies, and your choice of grilled meat, are a staple in Vietnamese eateries. Topped with crispy shallots and roasted peanuts, they’re a taste explosion.
- Cà Phê Sữa Đá: Vietnamese iced coffee is a must-try. Strong drip coffee combined with sweetened condensed milk offers a creamy, robust, and refreshing drink, ideal for the sunny climes of Orange County.
- Sweets & Treats: From creamy avocado smoothies to the multi-layered dessert Chè, Vietnamese desserts are a world of unique flavors and textures. The sweet treats here promise a delightful end to any meal.
- A Festival of Flavors: Festivals and markets in Little Saigon offer a culinary journey, from savory snacks like Bánh Xèo (sizzling pancakes) to the sweet and sticky Bánh Tét during Lunar New Year celebrations.
- Local Food Tours: For those unfamiliar with Vietnamese cuisine, numerous food tours in Orange County guide you through the best of what Little Saigon has to offer, making it an educational and delicious experience.
Orange County’s Vietnamese food scene is a testament to the region’s rich cultural diversity. Whether you’re a Phở fanatic or new to Vietnamese cuisine, the county offers a delectable journey for every palate. So, next time you’re in the OC, take a trip to Little Saigon and savor the flavors of Vietnam.